Job Type: Contract
In support of our expanding global customer base and ambitious growth plans we are looking to strengthen our technical capability within the organisation.
To support this projected growth we want to attract talented C++ developers with 2+ years' commercial development experience who will become key contributors to our digital transformation teams.
- Developing C++ solutions to meet customer requirements to produce high quality, scalable code
- Identify code defects and maintain high quality and performant code
- Debugging to investigate and identify bugs and test fixes
- Writing unit tests to ensure a reliable end product for the customer
- Maintaining automation tests
You will need:
- 2+ years C++ experience
- Familiar with all phases of software development; from requirements gathering and design through to build, deployment and support
- Strong experience of unit and regression testing
- Proficient use of source control tools e.g. git
- Working knowledge of debugging tools e.g. gdb, valgrind
- The ability to build strong working relationships with customers and other members of the software development teams
- The ability to operate well under a variety of different situations and types of projects, ranging from agile, a team of one, to a team of many
You will stand out if:
- You have a genuine passion for software development and are an active contributing member on open source projects
- You have Linux experience
- You have prior experience in the capital markets industry
- You have experience coding to high performance and low latency requirements
- You are familiar with messaging protocols e.g. TCP, FIX, XML
- You are proficient in the use of scripting languages, preferably python
- You are familiar working with multi-threaded applications
- You can undertake the role of a technical leader, helping train, mentor and motivate team members by setting examples of development excellence.
There is an excellent daily rate available in order to attract the right level of candidate.
How to Apply
If you are interested and can satisfy the criteria please express your interest by clicking the apply button or for more information please contact Aaron Somers on 028 9099 2881